- What is Thinking Of You Week?
Thinking Of You Week celebrates the power of greeting cards in creating love and connection. It's the perfect week to send cards to friends, loved ones, colleagues, neighbours, the nice lady from the corner shop - anyone you can think of!
Created by the Greeting Card Association (GCA), Thinking Of You Week serves as a reminder of the joy of sending and receiving greeting cards.
Thinking Of You Week takes place from the 18th - 24th September 2023.
- The importance of sending cards
Did you know that sending cards generates positive feelings and wellbeing? They create not only an emotional connection between the sender and recipient but a physical one too, knowing the card has been touched by both parties.
Find out more about the psychology of sending greeting cards here.
- The best cards to send
Looking for inspiration? Our artist of the month, Steffi Lynn, has created the perfect collection for #ThinkingOfYouWeek. You can view her cards here and read our interview with Steffi here. Or, browse our full selection of thinking of you cards here!
You can also send a personalised thinking of you card straight to their door. Just choose from our range of designs here, type your message and we'll post it through their letterbox!
- What to say in a thinking of you card?
Finding the right words to say you're thinking about someone can be hard, especially when you haven't seen them in a while! So, we've compiled a blog dedicated to 'Thinking Of You Messages'.
We'll leave you with some ideas below but you can read the full blog here!
- Sometimes a text isn't enough. So here's a cute card just to say hi!
- Just sliding into your letterbox to say 'I miss you!' Hope all is well :)
- In the immortal words of Kris Jenner: You're doing amazing sweetie.
- What to say in a card when someone's going through a tough time?
Thinking Of You Week is the perfect opportunity to check in on loved ones who may be going through a difficult time. A card can be the perfect solution when you're not sure a phone call is appropriate and can really help brighten their day.
Here are a few things you can write:
- I just want you to know that I'm here for you, always.
- I'm here for you. Call me if you need anything.
- I will always have your back. Give me a ring whenever.
- I'm always here for a chat, hug, cuppa, anything!
- This is tough, but you're tougher. You got this.
Read the full list here.
"Thinking Of You Week is an important event in the calendar as it acts as a reminder to send greeting cards (all year, not just that week) because cards are powerful little things that spread love and positivity better than any electronic communication can."
- Mark, Managing Director/Co-founder at Ohh Deer and member of the council for the GCA.
- Watch us spread the joy at London Pride
Back in July, our founders Mark and Jamie took to London Pride alongside the Greeting Card Association to spread joy and positivity with wonderful greeting cards ❤️
They handed out approximately 10,000 greeting cards along the Pride route!
Watch the full video:
A little gesture goes a long way, so make someone's day with a lovely greeting card. We have a range of Personalised Thinking Of You cards that can be sent straight to their door!