There's nothing quite like a relaxing winter afternoon writing all your festive cards with a nice, warm hot chocolate - or a chaotic, last-minute rush on Christmas Eve (we're not here to judge).
But coming up with a message that'll make you sound thoughtful AND smart can be difficult.
Worry not, we've compiled a list of lovely messages to bring festive joy to everyone on your address book. *If you were born after 2000, an address book is something us oldies used to write the addresses and phone numbers of people we know. Very retro.
Christmas Messages For Friends:
- Here's to not getting socks this year. Merry Christmas!
- Wishing you a white (wine) Christmas
- Time to eat, drink and be merry! Happy holidays. Love you
- I hope your Christmas is filled with joy (and nice gifts, of course)
- Wishing the BESTEST Christmas to the BESTEST friend!
Christmas Messages For Family:
- Merry Christmas to all of you, I hope 2024 brings you nothing but JOY!
- Merry Christmas. Hope this holiday season us full of good things.
- May your Christmas be jolly and your gifts socks-free!
- From our family to yours - Merry Christmas and a Happy 2024!
- Merry Christmas! Wishing you all the best this holiday season! With lots of love
Christmas Messages For Your Partner:
- You're the only gift I need. Just kidding, you better give me something nice. x
- All I want for Christmas is you. And a new phone.
- Fa la la la love you! Merry Christmas x
- You've made the nice list. Not mine though. Just kidding, love you!
- To me, you are perfect. Merry Christmas!
Christmas Messages For Colleagues:
- It's officially out-of-office-email-reply-on time! Merry Christmas!
- Wishing you all the joy this Christmas.
- May your Christmas be filled with joy, lots of delish food and nice gifts.
- Merry Christmas! Have a great break, see you in the new year.
- Hope your Christmas jingle bell rocks as much as you do!
Christmas Messages for Your Neighbour:
- Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- Having neighbours like you is a tree-t! Merry Christmas.
- Merry Christmas from all of us to all of you.
- Happy Christmas from our home to yours!
- Sending warm wishes and festive vibes your way! Merry Christmas, wonderful neighbours!
Christmas Messages For Someone Going Through a Difficult Time:
- Thinking of you this Christmas. May the New Year bring only good things your way.
- Merry Christmas. I'm always here to help with anything!
- Sending you strength, love and peace this Christmas.
- Sending you lots of hugs this Christmas. Love you.
- I want you to know that your strength and courage through this tough year inspire me. Here's to a brighter new year.
Christmas Messages For Someone Who Lives Far Away:
- Sending you hugs all the way from here. Miss you!
- Wish you were here. Consider this card a raincheck for a belated Christmas hug.
- Miss you this Christmas but sending warm wishes your way. Merry Christmas, and can't wait for our next reunion!
- You may not be here this year, but I'll be thinking of you. Merry Christmas.
- Christmas won't be the same without you here! I hope you have a lovely festive season.